FACILITY USE POLICY
CHRIST COVENANT CHURCH OF METRO DETROIT (C3)
28287 Beck Road, Unit D-11
Wixom, MI 48393
Members and non-members of Christ Covenant Church of Metro Detroit (C3) are welcome to use church facilities for appropriate functions throughout the year in a manner consistent with this policy.
FACILITY RESERVATION STEPS:
1. Contact Church Office and discuss possibility of using facilities for event.
2. Complete Facility Use Agreement if use has been approved by Church Office.
3. Make arrangements for appointment of Church Member or other approved person as Building Supervisor (Door Locking, Lights, Clean-up, etc.)
BASIC USAGE RULES:
1. A Building Supervisor must be present at all events.
2. No selling of general merchandise on church premises except for music and ministry-related material from guest groups.
3. No non-church fund-raising to be held without approval. Voluntary offerings and collections must have prior approval from Church Office.
4. Users will be held completely responsible for damage caused to facilities and equipment. Notify Church Office of any damage to facilities or equipment.
5. Rooms must be returned to their original arrangement. A room diagram will be available for consultation.
A. Tables and chairs are to be put back in place if they are moved.
B. Table tops should be cleaned with wet cloth and dried.
C. Chairs that have been used should be checked for greasy finger prints and food smears. Clean with a damp cloth and wipe with dry cloth.
6. Windows should be closed, doors should be locked, and lights turned off when leaving.
7. No use of candles without prior approval from the Church Office.
8. Please advise the Church Office if you cancel your meeting date.
9. No taping, stapling, thumbtacks, nails or any kind of adhesives shall be used on any walls. No thumbtacks or nails are to be used on any woodwork doors.
10. No storage of items without prior approval of Church Office.
11. C3 is a smoke-free facility.
12. The use of the Kitchenette requires approval. EACH GROUP USING THE KITCHEN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
A. Removing all leftovers after each event.
B. Kitchen containers must not be removed from kitchen. (Provide your own left-over food take-home containers)
C. Removing all garbage/trash (to dumpster) and replacing can liners.
D. Returning equipment to proper location.
E. Keeping all kitchen equipment in the vicinity of the kitchen.
F. Wiping down all counters and tops with bleach and soap solution.
G. Sweeping and mopping the floors.
H. Making sure all equipment is turned “off.”
I. Making sure refrigerator, freezer doors are properly closed.
J. Turning off all lights.
K. Lock all kitchen doors.
L. Reporting breakage or problems to the Kitchen Coordinator.
M. Date all leftover food which is stored in the kitchen refrigerator or freezer.
N. Clean can opener if used.
13. Use of C3’s Audio and Visual Equipment requires prior approval.
14. The fee(s) for the use of C3’s facility for individuals shall be specified by the Church Office.
15. The fee(s) for the use of C3’s facility for small groups (group lessons, music lessons, & meetings, etc.) shall be as follows:
|Location||Per hour Rate||Total daily ratenot exceed|
|Large Meeting Room||$30||$150|
Listed rates are for one calendar day. Use of the Classrooms for parlor/bride’s room is included for weddings. One-third (1/3) of the total fee shall be paid as a deposit at the time the reservation is made, with the balance to be paid in full no later than three (2) weeks prior to the event. All continuing contracts are subject to termination by C3 upon written notice to the User.
16. The fee(s) for the use of C3’s facility for large groups (concerts, etc.) shall be:
|Minimum Fee $100||Maximum Fee $500|
Listed rates are for one calendar day. One-third (1/3) of the total fee shall be paid as a deposit at the time the reservation is made, with the balance to be paid in full no later than three (2) weeks prior to the event. All continuing contracts are subject to termination by C3 upon written notice to the User.
Groups charging a fee for admission to the event will pay the church a usage fee. Such fee shall be determined by the Church Office with consideration of:
a) the purpose of the event
b) the ability of the group to pay
c) the admission price of the event
d) Projected income for the event.
e) locations used
f) need for audio or visual support
17. Each user must provide evidence of liability insurance with a minimum liability occurrence limit of $1,000,000. User will provide a certificate of insurance to the Church Office at least seven days prior to the date upon which the User begins to use the above-described premises. Certificate of insurance will indicate that Church has been designated as an “additional insured” on User’s policy with respect to the use by User of the above-described premises.
18. All C3 events will be subject to the requirements of the Church’s Child Protection Manual.