5 Questions to Ask Yourself during Lent:
- When I wake up on Resurrection Sunday morning, how will I be different?
- Is there a habit or sin in my life that repeatedly gets in the way of loving God with my whole heart or loving my neighbor as myself? How do I address that habit over the next 40 days?
- Is there anyone in my life from whom I need to ask forgiveness or pursue reconciliation?
- From Osheta Moore: I read somewhere to begin my Lenten fast with asking God what He wants me to “pick up” from Him, and that will help me discern what I should “put down” for Him.
- From Lynne Sykora Stadler:Our family has tried to approach the Lenten season with “What will I add?” not “What will I give up?”
Things such as adding stillness in our lives. Adding more giving to those in need, adding more prayer, more intentional time with God.The hope is that prayerfully practicing something God leads us to add to our lives will benefit others and keep our focus on Christ, not on ourselves.