Now that the Miyamotos have their visa in hand, we are working on the final push to being the North American Japanese Outreach (NAJO). This means that we are :
- Finalizing the Agreement – The official agreement between the Japan churches and the American churches is in its final draft. This agreement basically spells out the relationships and objectives of the mission.
- Expanding the NAJO Team – Currently the NAJO team is made up of representatives from 3 Detroit area churches and the Great Lakes Conference of the ECC. This, however, is not meant to be a restricted group. We are looking for others who share our desire and are willing to help advance this mission to join our team and shape NAJO. If you are interested in joining or would like more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Seeking Housing – The largest component to the North American side of the partnership is housing. The Miyamotos need a mission house in the greater Novi area. We are looking at all of our options from apartments, to condos, to homes. While we are looking at the possibility of NAJO having to finance the housing, our hope is that God will provide a good residence for little or no money.
- We are also collecting all the necessary furnishings for the Miyamoto’s residence. Many items have already been donated. But more are needed. We will post an updated list online shortly.
- Raising Money – Even if we are able to find a donated home, there will still be some other costs associated with the mission. Therefore, we are looking for individuals, churches, or other mission bodies who are willing to support this mission. We are deeply thankful for both one time gifts and monthly gifts.